Effective Computing CEO, Austin Dimmer, gave an interview to the Get Up and Code Podcast about the expedition he did to the North Pole in 2006.
On the Get up and Code Podcast
with John Sonmez
and Iris Classon,
Austin discusses various aspects of the expedition.
- Team selection and team building: Choosing who you go to the Magnetic North Pole with was quite an experience. Luckily Austin chose two great team mates, and they chose him. They even made him responsible for the rifle that may have been used in the event of a Polar Bear Attack.
- Goal Setting: Austin discusses his goal setting and 100% can do attitude.
- Training: Scary thing was that the total distance trained was less than the length of the Race!
- Work Life Balance: Austin talks about how tough it was to find the balance between full time work, creating the website, fundraising, training and so forth.
- Sun Dogs: Austin discusses his enlightnening experiene when Team Polar Storm observed a very rare optical phenomenon, Sun Dogs, you really want to hear the story.
The podcast can be listened to at the following link Get up and Code Podcast North Pole Expedition with Austin Dimmer
More information about the expedition can be found at Polar Storm 2006 Sony Polar Challenge